Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fabric and bias tape



I have been on a fabric jag for a while.  Especially vintage rayon from the 40s.  Then I realized that 50s cotton is so pretty, and even 80s big flowery prints are fun.  So I have a whole assortment of fabric that eventually I am going to make a bunch of things out of, like skirts, tops, dresses, you name it. 

Then, I had to start collecting vintage patterns to go with the vintage fabric.  I even found a pattern on Ebay that my sister Kathy and I both sewed in the 70s.

Finally, I got a ton of bias tape, because I like the colors, and also because it's easier than cutting out facing. 

Why is it so much more fun to buy the patterns and fabric than it is to sew?  I guess that's how I ended up with so much beautiful untouched fabric.  Even if I don't sew it all, I just like LOOKING at it, and folding and re-folding it.  They just don't make stuff like this anymore.

So far I have made several dresses and skirts, but they are all summery, so I will have to wait till Fall and Winter are over to bring them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment