Tuesday, October 4, 2011

More fabric!


This was such a great find at the Santa Monica flea market.  I came across a booth where a woman was selling bags of rayon from the 40's and they were just beautiful.  Then, as I was pawing through the fabric, I realized that I recognized the fabric, because I owned a dress made from one piece.  It turns out this woman had a shop on Melrose in LA, where she sold these beautiful, handmade dresses.  They were REALLY pricey--even the one that I bought which was on sale.  Well, she closed her shop, and here was all the fabric!  Score!

I have a lot of ideas but right now I am in the process of making some things for a local play called Lagunatics.  I'm making a hat like the one Beatrice wore to the royal wedding for a drag queen number.  Photos coming when I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment